Monday, January 19, 2009

New Ideas

Well, I've finally found a background that speaks to me. What do you think? It took a long time to find it and even longer to install it. For some reason an error code kept popping up but after a day or two I got it working.



I've been working on a new short story idea for the last two days. I love when I get knew ideas. I become obsessed with it for days, daydreaming and then hurrying to my computer or grabbing the nearest pen and paper to write out the scenes unfolding in my mind. It's a powerful time. The formation of a story is one of the best moments for a writer. The characters are being born in your mind. The plot is slowly unfolding. The setting is being formed and molded before your eyes, as well as beneath your pencil.



There is only one bad thing about a new idea. It seems my ideas gravitate to me as I'm writing another story. The more I write, the more ideas I get for other stories. It can be distracting when I'm trying desperately to focus on the current story I'm working on.



But it's worth it because as soon as I'm finished what I'm doing, I get to go play with my new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment