Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Review: Blood Rush by Ash Krafton

Blood Rush (Demimonde, #2) Blood Rush by Ash Krafton

Description:

Sophie doesn't believe in happily ever after. These days, she'd settle for alive after sunrise.

Advice columnist and newly-appointed oracle to the demivampire, Sophie Galen has more issues than a Cosmo collection: a new mentor with a mean streak, a werewolf stalker she can't shake, and a relationship with her ex's family that redefines the term complicated. And then there's her ex himself, who is more interested in playing leader of the vampire pack than in his own salvation.

Becoming a better oracle is tough enough, but when Sophie encounters a deadly enemy - one she never dreamed of facing - it will take everything she's ever learned in order to survive.



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My review:

I was so excited to read this book! And now that I'm finished, I'm a little sad. Now I have to wait until next year for Book 3 in this amazing series!

BLOOD RUSH is the much-anticipated sequel to BLEEDING HEARTS, and I must say, this was even better than the first! Advice columnist and newly appointed spiritual leader of the Demivampires, Sophie Galen, has her hands full in this book. She has her day job to contend with, as well as writing advice to those DV who reach out to her for help. Then she has a stalker who keeps her busy finding new apartments. Not to mention the trouble with her ex and his family, who've basically abandoned her for about a year before this story starts because of their own issues. Sophie is a woman tormented. The pain of abandonment, loneliness, loss and serious insecurity about a position where she's learning as she goes about what's needed to help the DV take a toll on her in this one. And Marek. Oh, Marek... I grieved with Sophie so much I wanted to reach into these pages and give her a hug. Luckily, Rodrian helped out with that a bit. He's Marek's brother, and quickly becoming a favorite character of mine. But despite all that, Sophie is strong. She doesn't let the bad business of her past stop her from doing what she thinks is right. Although she struggles, she's determined to not only help herself, but those around her, even her ex.

Ms. Krafton's writing style is addictive. Quirky and spirited, even during the dark moments, I heard Sophie's distinct voice throughout. From the very first line to the very last paragraph, this is a page-turning read. The depth of these characters drew me quickly into the story and I was reluctant to set this book down to attend to my daily chores, like eating and sleeping. Now that I'm finished, I simply cannot wait for the next book! If you enjoy paranormal with a hint of romance or urban fantasy set in a believable world, then I think this book might be for you!

To buy:
Pink Narcissus Press
Amazon
Barnes & Noble

Author's Links:
Website
Blog
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment