Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Fictional Worlds I'd Love to Visit




Today's topic: Fictional Worlds I'd Love to Visit

Authors are magicians and hypnotists, in my opinion. They have the ability to create worlds with words. Worlds that readers can imagine, see, hear, touch, taste. We can find ourselves immersed in the world of the author's imagination. Sometimes, we'd like to go there for real!

Here are some of my favorite fictional worlds that I'd like to visit.

Hogwarts

3. sy475

What Harry Potter fan doesn't want to visit the school where wizards and witches learn to use magical spells? However, I'd be worried about getting lost with all those staircases moving. My favorite class? Potions with Professor Snape.

Regency England

110384

The lives and loves of this close-knit family have fascinated me since the first time I read a sample chapter of Romancing Mister Bridgerton. I fell in love with Colin at the same moment as Penelope. And because I'm a true fan, I would like to experience the agony of the Smith-Smythe musicale, just for the pure sake of having the experience. 

The Fire Swamp

21787

I've been interested in the world where the Dread Pirate Roberts sails the seas since I was a kid. Did I ever tell you that I think the Fire Swamp would be a great place to live? The trees are quite lovely.

Bon Temps, Louisiana

4602032

I've spent many years traveling to Bon Temps, Louisiana in my imagination with each book I've read. There are so many interesting characters in this little town. Of course, you need to stop by Merlotte's Bar to experience all the town has to offer. Just watch out for the vampires. Among other things!

Trenton, New Jersey

6853

Whenever I need a tremendous laugh, I visit Stephanie Plum in Trenton, New Jersey. There is no doubt that I will be laughing out loud and the antics of Stephanie, Lula and Grandma Mazur. Not to mention the many other zany characters in these books. I'd really enjoy having supper with Stephanie's mom and the rest of her family. Especially when she makes meatloaf. Afterward, there will be some exciting mystery that needs to be solved. Hopefully, Joe Morelli or Ranger will help out.


 Happy Reading!
~Tricia





I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!

You can Follow me on ...



5 comments:

  1. Great choices, though I have mixed feeling about living in the fire swamp. But Hogwarts, definitely.

    My list is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have thought to pick the Fire Swamp. So creative!

    The Potterverse is an automatic yes for me, though.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh! The potterverse and Bon Temps. Nice. I like the list. Good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The problem is that the most interesting worlds are dangerous. Take Hogwarts, for instance. It is a wonder that anybody survived long enough to graduate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon Temps, absolutely. I loved those books.

    ReplyDelete