Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Books I Need to Review #booklovers #bookreviews




Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge hosted by Long and Short Reviews.

Today's topic: Books I Loved But Never Wrote Reviews for

This topic is appropriately timed since I was just browsing a few of my favorite books that I've read over the years. I'm thinking about re-reading a few and while I'm at it, I might as well write reviews for them. As many readers know, good reviews are one of the best ways for authors to reach new readers.






Here are a few books that I have on my keeper shelf that I've never reviewed...

Whisper His Name


Breaking the code to her heart...

Independent and stubbornly unmarried, Abbie Vayle has always been a little too smart for her own good. But she may have gone too far when she starts her own rare-book business--and accidentally acquires an antique book in Paris with a mysterious code scribbled in the margins...

Someone wants the book back--and is willing to kill to get it. The only trouble is, Abbie no longer has the book. It's locked away in the customs house in Dover. Now it's a race against time as Abbie stays one step ahead of her pursuers. The last person she wants to confide in is her best friend, Hugh Templar, whom she knows only as a formidable scholar who shares her passion for Roman antiquities.

But as Hugh keeps turning up where she least expects him, a few things begin to dawn on her... Not only is Hugh surprisingly--in fact incredibly--handsome without his glasses on, but he's strangely "professional" in how he handles her mysterious enemies.

Hugh is clearly not what he seems. And soon Abbie realizes that neither is she...as she discovers what it means to love with all her heart and soul.

The Devil's Lady


Bid by King Edward to marry one of his knights, Aisley de Laci hopes to avoid the altar by choosing Baron Montmorency. 'Tis a union she is certain none will endorse, especially the baron, who is rumored to practice the dark arts from his isolated keep.

Renowned in battle, the Red Knight has secluded himself at Dunmorrow for reasons of his own. And he does not want a wife, no matter how wealthy and beautiful she might be. But even he cannot defy the king's order, and what comes to him, he takes--and holds.

Although Aisley refuses to believe the tales that make Montmorency more myth than mortal, she begins to wonder whether he does possess mysterious powers. How else to explain her own growing feelings for her husband, a man so shrouded in shadow she has never seen his face?

Was she under a spell or truly the Devil's Lady?


Dead Girls Are Easy


There's something about almost dying that makes a girl rethink her priorities. Take Nicki Styx--she was strictly goth and vintage, until a brush with the afterlife leaves her with the ability to see dead people.

Before you can say boo, Atlanta's ghosts are knocking at Nicki's door. Now her days consist of reluctantly cleaning u messes left by the dearly departed, leading ghouls to the Light...and one-on-one anatomy lessons with Dr. Joe Bascombe, the dreamy surgeon who saved her life. All this catering to the deceased is a real drag, especially for a girl who'd rather be playing hanky-panky with her hunky new boyfriend...who's beginning to think she's totally nuts.

But things get even more complicated when a friend foolishly sells her soul to the devil, and Nicki's new gift lands her in some deep voodoo.

As it turns out for Nicki Styx, death was just the beginning.



Kiss of Fire


One kiss can change the course of destiny...

When ace accountant Sara Keegan decides to settle down and run her quirky aunt's New Age bookstore, she's not looking for adventure. She doesn't believe in fate or the magic of tarot cards, but when she's saved from a vicious attack by a man who has the ability to turn into a fire-breathing dragon, she questions whether she's losing her mind - or about to lose her heart.

Self-reliant loner Quinn Tyrrell has long been distrustful of his fellow Pyr. When he feels the firestorm that signals his destined mate, he's determined to protect and possess Sara, regardless of the cost. Then Sara's true destiny is revealed and Quinn realizes he must risk everything - even Sara's love - to fulfill their entwined fates. 






2106091816582119186313294602032



Happy Reading!
~Tricia



Check out the other bloggers at the


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!

You can Follow me on ...

14 comments:

  1. Great list. I've read a few of those and I get the idea we should write reviews for the books. The best way to thank an author definitely is to write a review. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whisper His Name does sound interesting. I hope you'll find the time to review it eventually!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do my best! Elizabeth Thornton is one of my favorite authors.

      Delete
  3. My goodness, every single one of those just looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dead Girls are Easy is one I've been wanting to read for some time now. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a fun book! It's the first in the Nicki Styx series. A really great series!

      Delete
  5. Adding some books to my to read list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think i'd enjoy some of the books on your list. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these look great. I'll add them to my list.

    ReplyDelete