Wednesday, December 11, 2019

My Earliest Memory ~ Long and Short Reviews Blog Challenge



Wednesday Weekly Blogging Challenge hosted by Long and Short Reviews.

Today's topic: My Earliest Memory


My memories go back quite a ways considering I remember when my parents brought my new baby brother home from the hospital when he was born. I was convinced they were bringing me a new doll to play with when I first saw him. I was 2 years-old when my brother was born.

I also remember a time when my mother was changing my baby brother's diaper and he peed like a fountain. All over my mom. I remember her scream of surprise and then her burst of laughter. I remember being shocked at witnessing this. And now I still laugh when I think of it! In fact, I'm pretty sure my baby brother peed more than once while my mom changed his diaper. I have vague memories of me warning her whenever she changed him.

I also have distinct memories of my grandfather who passed away a few months after my brother was born. I had a clear image of opening the front door to my grandparents' house to see my pappap sitting in a chair by the window. He turned to face me. As soon as he saw me, his face lit into a brilliant smile and he got off the chair to the floor where he sat on hands and knees to talk with me. I still recall the emotions I felt when I saw my pappap, the joy and warmth that filled me with his smile.

I had questioned that memory when I was older. It didn't make sense to me at the time, because everyone knew the chair by the window was my Nana's chair. Only she sat there. When I asked her about it, she told me that the chair originally belonged to my pappap. She only started sitting in it after he died. 

I realized then that it wasn't my imagination when I pictured my grandfather, it was a memory. 

I also remember his funeral. I remember being in a long room filled with people. My father was carrying me around and I was wearing a dress. I remember seeing my grandfather sleeping in the box which I thought strange. I was confused why he was asleep and not playing with me. 

I have more memories of my grandfather, but these are the strongest and the ones that I'm sure were not my imagination. My family often told me as I grew older about how much my Pappap Bud loved me and my baby brother. He loved to play with us and every time I think of him, I still smile. The love I felt for him as a toddler continued to grow, even after he was gone. And although I barely knew him, I still miss him.

Be sure to check out the other blogger's suggestions at ...


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!
You can Follow me on ...

BookBub | Amazon | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest | Instagram

Beth-Ann Miller returns to her Tennessee moutain home to find chaos erupting between her family and their shape-shifting neighbors. Her father is convinced the were-cougar clan is responsible for the murders occurring in their area and interrogates one of the shifters, Boone Evans, her childhood sweetheart. When Boone declares several members of his shifter family have gone missing including his little brother, Beth-Ann suspects someone else is behind both the murders and abductions.

Boone never expected to see Beth-Ann again. When she frees him from her father's cabin and promises to help find his brother, Boone doesn't plan on rekindling their passionate love affair or facing the pain of past mistakes. Nor does he plan on coming face to face with the man responsible for altering his family's life forever.

With men hunting the were-cougars, can Beth-Ann and Boone risk all to have a future together? Or is loving Boone too high a price to pay? 

AMAZON


3 comments:

  1. Those are sweet memories. :-) Great that you shared and can remember them. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww … those are great memories.

    Re: baby boys and peeing... my brother-in-law learned quickly to make sure his mouth was tightly shut when he changed his son's diaper after one experience of the stream going straight into his open mouth! *G*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet memories! And, I think having the photos as well keep those memories alive and strong :-) You can tell he was having great fun playing with you. <3

    ReplyDelete