Thursday, March 12, 2020

The Mermaid #Excerpt from Mermaidia #mermaids #fantasyromance #pnr



My most recent release is a novella in Mermaidia: A Limited Edition Anthology. I had so much fun writing this story about Oscar and Cassandra. 

My story is called The Mermaid which is about Oscar Green who's looking to capture some video footage to boost his career by going to an island to film a haunted mansion. Once there, he finds more than he expects!





Love mermaids and all creatures aquatic? This limited time anthology is just for you! With more than 1500 pages of captivating fiction, you'll be enchanted by sirens, dive the depths with a mermaid, and fear whether the sea witch is friend or foe.







The Mermaid by Tricia Schneider Excerpt:

She hadn’t gotten too far. I could see the long brown strands of her hair floating across the surface of the water. What did she think she was doing swimming out so far in a storm? 

She would get herself killed.

Saving her was all I could think of as I plunged into the water.

“Ozzy!” Zak shouted behind me. “What are you doing?”

Good question.

It was stupid. 

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I wasn’t that great a swimmer. But I couldn’t let the woman kill herself. She’d been frightened. I saw that clearly enough when I gazed into her fathomless brown eyes.

Had she been so scared that she thought her only escape was to swim for it?

The nearest island was too far to see with the naked eye. And during a storm like this, she’d never make it even halfway.

I relied often on instinct and my gut told me this woman needed help.

But with each wave crashing over my head, I realized the futility of my actions, noble as they were. Sure, I wanted to save her. But I began to suspect that I might be the one who needed saving.

I kicked to the surface every time a wave drove me under. Again and again. The last time I struggled to the surface, gasping for air, I had already lost sight of the woman and panic set in. 

Had she already drowned? Was I too late?

My next thought was equally grim.

Was I going to drown, too?

I took in a huge lungful of air as another wave hit me and I tumbled down. This time, instead of kicking to the surface, I relaxed the straining muscles in my body.

I was exhausted. I just needed a moment before I continued to battle the ocean for breath. But the waves pummeled me, pushing me farther under.

I didn’t think I was going to escape this watery grave. Just as my lungs began to burn with the need for air, I felt slim arms slip around my chest, then a delicate hand on my cheek. Lips pressed against mine, forcing them open as precious air blew into my lungs.

I shivered at the sensation of her lips on mine. Her hair drifted around my face, caressing me with silky strands. My hands instinctively grabbed her arms, clinging to her at first for dear life, but as her kiss of air turned into something more sensuous, my shock shifted to wonder and desire.

We kissed beneath the ocean, her hands wrapping more securely around me, pulling me closer to her. Her breasts pressed against my chest, separated by our wet shirts and yet it felt like there was nothing at all between us. My hands slid along her shoulders, down her back until I felt the rough fabric of her jeans. 


My panic-filled brain had a moment of confusion as I realized what I felt along my fingertips was not denim, but something else entirely. Something rough and scaly.


AMAZON





Also, check out the Mermaidia Book Fair!










No comments:

Post a Comment