Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Zombie Apocalypse - Where's the Toilet Paper? #LongandShortReviews #BlogChallenge


This week's topic: How I'd fare in a zombie apocalypse


I have to say, this topic feels fairly prophetic being that these topics were selected at the beginning of the year, before Covid-19 took root in North America. And although zombies aren't involved with the novel Coronavirus (that we know of!), the reaction of many made this pandemic feel like the beginning of an apocalypse.

So... how would I fare in a zombie apocalypse?

Well, first of all, I'd probably run out of toilet paper.



I truly didn't expect that everyone in the country would run in a mass panic to the grocery stores just for toilet paper. Obviously, there are more Supernatural fans out there than I know! While everyone was stocking up on tp, I was preparing to feed my four kids for two weeks. This was back in March when my children came home and said that school was cancelled for two weeks. Knowing that, I immediately ran to the grocery store to stock up on milk, bread, cereal, and frozen pizza. I was not aware that we were going to have a tp run. I was shocked when I got to the store to see the all food well-stocked, but the toilet paper gone.

Was there something that no one was telling me? The toilet paper was more important than food? I was baffled. Especially, when later the next week I saw YouTube videos posted with people fighting each other in the aisles and breaking into vehicles... all to grab as much toilet paper as they could. Fighting?!

Honestly, I'm still amazed. And horrified that people could behave in such a way.

Meanwhile, because I have 4 kids, I typically buy toilet paper and paper towels in bulk at least 4-5 times a year. I'd just stocked up in January, as per normal in my household. I had no idea that the stores would fail to re-stock for over two months afterward!

Yes, my poor little family eventually ran out of toilet paper. I had to go to several stores searching for it. And I cried. I admit it. I sat in my car and cried in the parking lot because of the callousness of so many people to hoard things. To act so selfishly. To think only of themselves and not of their neighbors. I just wanted to stay safely at home with my children, not scour the county during lockdown in search for the almighty tp. We had plenty of milk, eggs and bread. No one was touching those products. But the toilet paper was gone. And then I felt selfish for crying. There are so many people who have it so much worse than me.

To answer this week's topic, I doubt I'd survive long. I'm much too giving. I think of others before myself and clearly, during an apocalypse (or a pandemic), not many people do that. Of course, I'd try to survive as long as possible. I tend to view the world through rose-colored glasses, as they say. I'm fairly optimistic.

Even now, with all this quarantine and self-isolation, I'm keeping hope alive that they will find a cure or a vaccine that is safe to use and will work. I'm also happy that mother nature has had a chance to recover from the pollution of humans. I hope that people will learn from this experience and try to do better in our future for the whole world.

Yeah, I'm that person who tries to stay calm by saying, "It's gonna be okay. We'll make it." I'll give away my toilet paper to those who need it and I'll do my best to not get eaten by a zombie as I head to the library to wait for a vaccine.



Be sure to check out the other blogger's suggestions at ...


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!
You can Follow me on ...


BookBub | Amazon | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest Instagram


ONLY AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME!

Love mermaids and all creatures aquatic? This limited time anthology is just for you! With more than 1500 pages of captivating fiction, you'll be enchanted by sirens, dive the depths with a mermaid, and fear whether the sea witch is friend or foe.



AMAZON


10 comments:

  1. The whole tp situation baffled me completely, sucks your family got caught up in it! As though we don't have enough to worry about. I think you're right - whether it's a Zombie Apocalypse or the coronavirus, it's time to lockdown with a good book or three and wait for a vaccine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your family ran out of toilet paper. How awful. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had known you ran out of tp, I would have sent you some. Seriously! My daughter always stock up during the year (no she doesn't hoard), and she was giving it away to friends and family. This year has certainly felt like a zombie apocalypse. Trust me, I've encountered the zombie-type attitudes in stores while listening to them scream at the clerks because they couldn't buy two cans of Lysol. Surreal times, but I'm praying they'll find a vaccine soon.

    Great post, Tricia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never ran out, but when tp was off the shelves we stocked up on flushable wet wipes. I can't figure out why distilled water is always out. Not everyone is on a c-pap machine!https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/05/wc-052020.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep the TP thing baffled me too. What a wonderful post. Renewed my belief in human kindness. Thanks for sharing! Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/lsrs-wednesdays-blog-challenge-how-id-fare-in-a-zombie-apocalypse/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally, a credible explanation for the TP shortage!

    I believe that your moral compass will point you wherever you need to go to survive any apocalypse.

    This is how I think I'd fare: https://thereikicafe.com/2020/05/20/how-id-fare-in-a-zombie-apocalypse/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I honestly think that your approach is the one that would (and will) actually get people through the Zombie Apocalypse (and the current pandemic). People helping each other out is a much better system than having every individual need to be fully stocked on all supplies and fully knowledgeable about everything.

    My answer is here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where we live, we ran out of butter. BUTTER. I had no idea how much everyone needed butter. And eggs. I'd think that stuff goes bad after a while. Toilet paper lasts, but I don't see the point of hoarding it, either. Sometimes Covid feels like the zombie apocalypse.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The toilet paper thing had me completely flummoxed too. Like, WHY????? So strange.
    I also certainly hope zombies aren't involved in the Covid-19 crisis. Things are crappy enough without adding them to it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luckily we managed to stay just ahead of the toilet paper shortage. What a nightmare that was.

    ReplyDelete