Wednesday, September 9, 2020

I Can Talk Forever About These... #LongandShortReviews #BlogChallenge




This week's topic: Topics I Never Get Tired of Talking About

I may be an introvert, but there are times when I can talk nonstop to complete strangers. My kids learned that early on. Often times when I take them to the grocery store, I'd start chatting with someone in the check-out line.\

After leaving, my kids would ask me, "Who was that?"

"I don't know," I'd say, shrugging my shoulders. "Just someone in line."

Let me tell you, it was difficult to explain stranger danger to my children when I'd start having in-depth conversations with people I'd never before met.

Topics of discussion?

Pregnancy, Babies, Children & Teenagers


Every mother I've met has a pregnancy story they like to share. I'm a mother of four. I had my first three babies within 4 years and my fourth baby 4 years later. Each pregnancy was different, each baby behaved differently, and now as my oldest two are 14 and nearly 13, I'm learning that teenagers are a new experience quite different from babies! I've discovered over the years that parents love nothing more than to talk about their children. I can seriously talk for hours about my kids.



Pets


This one is closely related to babies. You can find a stranger who has a pet and I guarantee, they'll tell you all about how their beloved pet came into their lives, how they feed them, how they sleep, how much they cuddle and play. Yep. Our furbabies hold special places in our hearts. I had two dogs growing up and as an adult, I've had three cats. As much as I love my cats, I'm a dog person at heart and I'm looking for a pup to come into my life. I have all sorts of pet stories that I can share with other pet lovers. I also volunteered for an animal rehabilitation center when I was a teenager and in my early twenties, so I have other animal-related stories, too.

   

Books


What can I say? I'm a writer and a reader. I can talk about books all day. Add to that, in my previous life I worked as a bookseller for over a decade. It was my job to talk about books! I can strike up a conversation with a stranger about any kind of book whether it's romance, horror, mystery, fantasy, sci-fi or any of the many types of nonfiction. I'm an avid reader and I love learning. I love reading recommendations, too! I've discovered many of my favorite authors because of bookstore customers telling me about their favorite books. I discovered Kelley Armstrong, Lynn Kurland, and Janet Evanovich by talking with customers, just to name a few!


11918 50718 6853

History & Genealogy


History Lover? Count me in! I like to think of myself as an amateur historian and genealogist. I've researched my family history back to the 1300s in Germany as well as my Native American ancestors. I can talk about visiting graveyards and cemeteries to locate members of my family that are buried throughout the state where I live. Plus, the stories I learned of my European ancestors immigrating to the New World. Yes, aside from the Native American Indian branch in my family tree, my German, Irish, English and French ancestors arrived before the United States was born. I also discovered that my family nearly didn't survive. One of my direct ancestors, a great, great (so many greats!) grandmother was one of only two surviving children in a massacre that occurred not far from where I live in 1755.

Aside from a love of family history, I'm also a history lover in general. My first love was all things Native American Indian, especially the Eastern Indians of Pennsylvania, like the Lenape. But my interest soon spread to other tribes throughout the region and the rest of the country. Also, I have a strong fascination for Regency England thanks to authors like Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer. And I also have a strong interest in Ancient Egyptians, Ancient Romans, Ancient Greeks, Medieval Europe, Vikings, Pirates, oh, you name it. If it's historical, I love it and will gladly have an endless discussion about it.



Supernatural


I'm not talking about the TV show, but now that I mention it, yes, I can talk forever about that, too! I'm talking about all things spooky! I have a deep fascination with the supernatural. From ghosts to vampires, witches to werewolves, UFO's to cryptids. Send me the mysteries of the planet, as well as the Universe, and I can talk forever about it. I've read countless books (far beyond dozens!) concerning the paranormal. I grew up a haunted house where I had dreams of dead people, and now I live in a house where a murder occurred over fifty years ago. Yes, I believe my house is haunted. I've experienced some things I cannot explain. And do I love talking about it? Yes. I. Do.

One of my favorite times of year is Halloween! Of course, I live my life like Halloween is all year long. I joined a paranormal discussion group that one of my friends started. This week we're talking about Earth Angels! This topic is new to me, so I'm eager to talk with the other members about this.



Fandoms


I'm a fan of many fandoms! As mentioned above, Supernatural is one of my all-time favorite TV shows! I cried when they announced they're ending the show with Season 15. I seriously want that show to continue on forever. What am I going to do without Sam and Dean? And Castiel? I mean, come on! I don't even know how I lived for so long without them!

Among Supernatural, I'm also a super fan of Doctor Who. My first Doctor was Tom Baker. The guy with the scarf, as I used to call him. My uncle introduced him to me back in the late '80s. But it wasn't until the reboot took place that I truly called myself a fan. I got sucked into the show and binge-watched until I caught up with Matt Smith. Now, I'm among the other fans, taking the long way with new episodes being stretched apart for months.

Then there's Farscape, Firefly, Stargate SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, Star Trek: The Original, Star Trek: The Next Generation, (okay, let's just say I'm a Star Trek fan since there's so many shows and I'm losing patience in adding them all because I'm writing this over my lunch break and I have to get back to homeschooling my kids!), Sherlock, Dark Shadows (the 1960's version). I feel like I'm forgetting something. Let's just say I'm a fan of many fandoms and let's leave it at that. Mmm'kay?




Be sure to check out the other blogger's suggestions at ...


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!



You can Follow me on ...


BookBub | Amazon | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest Instagram


Happy Reading!
~Tricia




AMAZON

4 comments:

  1. We have history and pets as topics in common. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/09/wc-090920.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone needs their thing. Mine happens to be Captain America. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love talking about history and the supernatural, too!

    My <a href="https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-topics-i-never-get-tired-of-talking-about/”>post</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the supernatural. Anything in that area fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete