Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

Happy New Year!! Welcome 2011! May you be infinitely better than last year.

I have to say, many wonderful things happened in 2010 that I will never ever forget. My first book, The Witch and the Wolf, was published in July. I've been writing for several years, many more than I care to count, so finally seeing a dream come to fruition was a major accomplishment. My oldest son started preschool. This was a major step for both of us and I'm proud to say we're both adjusting remarkably well. Of course, I had a much more difficult time than he did! And, my third baby (a girl!) was born in September. Any year I have a baby is a wonderful year! I've had three fantastic ones so far! lol

So, in counting my blessings, I'm hoping to add many more this year. I figure listing a few goals I'd like to accomplish would be a great way to help them along.

1. After having three wonderful children, I've added on a few of those baby pounds. I'm hoping to lose some of that with regular exercise and healthy eating. I already do, for the most part, just not regularly. This year, I'm taking a step-by-step approach and hoping to maintain it for a longer duration than I have in the past. My goal is to knock off 30 pounds by the end of the year. Or fit back into my pre-pregnancy jeans, I can be happy with that!

2. I have writing goals that I want to accomplish. Some projects have been set aside for one reason or another and I'd like to dust them off and see what can be done with them. I want to have two new novels written this year and a number of short stories and/or articles. I'm committing myself to submitting one project a month, or until it gets published!

3. I also have a massive to-be-read list. I'm a member of GoodReads and I'm addicted to reading challenges. I'm trying not to overwhelm myself with reading this year. I'm only going to participate in one or two (okay, maybe three) challenges at a time. After all, I should be writing more than reading, right? Well, I'm hoping to find a happy medium this year. Perhaps I'll try using my TBR reads as a reward system instead of an actual goal.

Well, that's my list for now. I have many other goals that I'm considering. Learning a new language is one, teaching myself a new hobby is another, as well as buying a minivan and eliminating my household clutter.  I'll probably add those to the list at a later date. Right now, I'm just concerned with taking it one day at a time and enjoying every moment of it.

What about you? What's on your list of resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment