Thursday, August 2, 2012

Summer Writing Camp



Yesterday was the official start of the August 2012 Camp NaNoWriMo! I've only just learned of this event in mid-July so I had some time to develop a story idea to write. To be honest, I went through 3 ideas before I settled on this one. I had 2 dreams that worked really great for stories, but I needed more time to flesh them out a bit, so I'm setting them aside for future projects.

Now for this month, I'm continuing to explore the Merriweather Witches. If all goes well, the first draft of Book 4 will be finished by August 31! And while I'm at it, I might just keep going with Book 5 in November. I actually have ideas for seven or more individual books all dealing with Merriweather siblings and their friends. So far, I've gotten a wonderful response about the first two which are published by The Wild Rose Press. Readers are asking for more! Well, I aim to please!

For those of you who haven't heard about NaNoWriMo (short for National Novel Writing Month), the idea is to finish writing a 50,000 word novel in a month. This takes place every November since 2000. Camp NaNoWriMo is a newer event and takes place during the summer months of  June and August.

If anyone would care to track my progress, you can find me in my cabin with my writing pals. We'll be sipping icy sweet tea while we type on our laptops in between eating smores by the fireside. Oh, I hope they have bug spray!

No comments:

Post a Comment