Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Losing Myself in the Story #IWSG #writing #writingprocess




The first Wednesday of every month is officially Insecure Writer’s Support Group day.
The Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!



IWSG Asks: What is your favorite aspect of being a writer?


It's difficult to narrow this down to one simple answer. There are many aspects of writing that I find appealing, sometimes it just depends on the day of the week. I enjoy the creativity and the freedom writing brings to my life. But, perhaps the best thing that I enjoy is that feeling of immersion that a writer can obtain when he or she discovers that hypnotic writing zone. It's a kind of writer high.

I've achieved this a few times, as I hope many other writers have, too.

For those of you who may not be familiar with it, I'll explain it as best as I can.

There are times when I'm writing, usually when I have no distractions at all (a rarity in my life these days!), when I simply lose myself totally within my story. My mind is so attuned to writing that I lose all sense of place or time and I've become part of my story world.

I am one with the story!

Okay, that sounds very zen-like. Maybe a little silly. But, it's true.

I become so involved with the story that my fingers are flying over the keyboard as if I'm possessed and someone else has taken control of my brain. I see a movie in my mind and I'm simply recording the events as they unfold. Sometimes, I haven't a clue as to what will happen next and I'm just an excited reader eager to discover what will happen to these interesting characters and their problem to solve.

Yes, this is my favorite part of writing...losing myself completely to the story.

Any other writers out there? 
What's your favorite aspect of writing? 
I'd love to know!  

Be sure to visit the other writers in the 


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!
Happy Writing!
Tricia


1 comment:

  1. I agree. The writing zone is definitely the place to be, not that I find it every time. hehehe

    Anna from elements of emaginette

    ReplyDelete