Saturday, May 6, 2017

When I Need a Laugh #MFRWauthor

Blogging is an opportunity for authors to connect with readers. Despite being writers, blogging is an entirely different style of writing and often stumps us. To help our authors blog consistently, thoughtfully and with purpose, Marketing for Romance Writers is announcing the 2017 Blog Challenge. Each week, authors use our writing prompt to create a meaningful blog post. We'll be posting every Friday... join us as often as possible.

Week 18: "What makes me laugh out loud?"

Life gets stressful. That's true for any of us. There are days I know I'm near my wits end and when that happens I need a laugh. Desperately. Laughter is the best medicine, as they say.

Today, I awoke to a gray, dreary day. When it still looks dark outside, I have a difficult time crawling out from under the covers. I could hear my 11 year-old and 6 year-old already fighting. They hadn't even gotten out of their bedroom, yet. My 9 year-old had his head hiding under the pillow to block out the noise and chaos his siblings were creating. Wise move. The only one smiling was my 2 year-old. But, really, unless someone takes away his sippy cup of milk, he's always smiling!

Some day's just don't start off well and occasionally it keeps heading downhill. On those days, I know I need to put a halt on my crankiness and in order to do that I have a few tricks up my sleeves to turn my frown upside down.

What do I do when I need a laugh?


My kids

Usually, my kids are a fantastic source of laughter for me. They are goofy, fun and silly. I'm highly entertained by their antics, even when they're up to no good. However, this dose of laughter is usually provided on a daily basis. And, I do my best to make them laugh in return. I love to hear them laugh. Especially, those belly laughs that sometimes turn into snorts! Those are the best!

But, what do I do when my kids are driving me absolutely crazy....?

Graham Norton

When I need a guaranteed dose of laughter that even my kids can't provide (usually because they are the cause of my crankiness), then I turn to a TV program that has never failed me, yet. Graham Norton is the host of a British talk show aptly called The Graham Norton Show. Every week there are new celebrity guests on his couch being interviewed and you never know what is going to happen. There's a lot of laughs and hilarious moments. And Graham, himself, is just too funny for words! He's adorable!

Be sure to visit the posts for the MFRW's Blog Challenge!

I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!

Happy Reading!
Tricia

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen his show, but I can see why Graham Norton makes you laugh. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete