Friday, October 5, 2018

Work Attire for Writers = Clothing is Optional #MFRWAuthor #writinglife



Blogging is an opportunity for authors to connect with readers. Despite being writers, blogging is an entirely different style of writing and often stumps us. To help our authors blog consistently, thoughtfully and with purpose, Marketing for Romance Writers is announcing the 2018 Blog Challenge. Each week, authors use our writing prompt to create a meaningful blog post. We'll be posting every Friday... join us as often as possible.
Week 40"What I Wear When I Write"

I bet that got your attention!

One of the benefits of working at home is you don't have to wear a uniform, a business suit or anything at all for that matter! Yes. If that's your thing, clothing is definitely optional when you're working in the privacy of your own home. No one will ever know if the latest novel you wrote was written while wearing your Birthday Suit. Unless, of course, you tell them!

For me, I have what I lovingly refer to as lounge wear. I have several pairs of yoga and running pants, along with a variety of comfy t-shirts. Among those are littered with sayings or designs from Doctor Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, The Walking Dead or several Disney Princesses. I think I may have a Star Wars shirt, too.

There are times when casual is just too casual and I don't feel in a work mood. Those days, I shower and get dressed in stretchy jeans and a nice button-down shirt. To get in the mood to write, I sometimes need to pretend that I have an actual job to go to, so I'll dress nicely for that. 

Still comfy though. Comfy is a priority in my life. I'm not a glamorous writer who wears sexy dresses and high heels. In fact, I don't really think I have any high heels, at all. I'm tall enough and sometimes those thing hurt! Sneakers are my thing. Barefoot is great, too, but I have little kids and there's always the terrifying threat of stepping on Lego's or Matchbox cars.

I'm about what feels good. If I wear skin-tight clothing, then it must be stretchy, because no way is my post 4x C-Section body in any shape for sexy skin-tight. I exercise, but I'm not a super model. I'm a mom with wide hips, big boobs and stretch marks. I realized several years ago that there are some clothes that I will never fit into again.

Which again, comes back to if you're a writer working from home, you can wear whatever you darn well please! As long as the kids are at school, anyway. Then have at it, by all means! Just get those words written!



Be sure to visit the posts for the MFRW's Blog Challenge!

I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!


Happy Writing!
~Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment