Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Things I Collect #LongandShortReviews #BlogChallenge


This week's topic: Things I collect



Where do I start?

Books


Well, it's probably pretty obvious, but I collect books. (Big Surprise!) I collect series by my favorite authors. (This counts right?)


31553857. sy475 11918Eternity (The Immortals Book 1) by [Maggie Shayne]A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones series Book 1) by [Katie MacAlister]Frederica (Regency Romances Book 24) by [Georgette Heyer]The Duke and I With 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons Book 1) by [Julia Quinn]The Renegade's Heart (The True Love Brides Book 1) by [Claire Delacroix]The Devil's Lady by [Deborah Simmons]

You can check out the other books I've collected and read as well as my tbr list on my Goodreads page. I'm an avid reader of all types of books and often leave reviews.


Yarn


My mom modeling the sweater she crocheted
back in the '80s.
More recently, I began collecting yarn. My mother and grandmother loved crocheting. They made baby blankets, sweaters, and afghans. My grandmother crocheted doilies. When I was about ten, I asked my mom to teach me how to crochet. She'd just started giving me small mini-lessons when she was diagnosed with leukemia. After she passed away, I couldn't bring myself to crochet for a very long time.



I love crocheting these baby booties!

Years and years later, after I had my fourth baby, I got the urge to finish the crochet lessons my mom began. I wanted to learn how to crochet. I bought a how-to book and all the supplies from Michaels and took it step-by-step. I was making coasters, scarves and gloves in no time. It's so much fun!



My daughter is modeling
one of my creations!
Then I decided to challenge myself. I bought a how-to-knit book and more supplies. And. I. Love. It. I am obsessed with knitting. I love it even more than crocheting!

Working with yarn is extremely relaxing and I feel like I've truly accomplished something when I create a useful object out of something as simple as yarn. It's amazing! I started collecting all sorts of patterns that I post on Pinterest. And pre-pandemic, I'd visit Michaels, Joanne's and any other craft shop as often as I could find to explore their yarn section.

I've accumulated quite a collection of yarn (I'll buy anything on sale!). I've had to purchase some plastic bins and boxes to store my massive collection. There's now yarn in every room in my house (just like my books!!). 






Be sure to check out the other blogger's suggestions at ...


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!
You can Follow me on ...


BookBub | Amazon | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest Instagram


Happy Reading!
~Tricia



Pre-Order Your Copy!

AMAZON


14 comments:

  1. Sounds like my mom and her house. She has yarn everywhere. She'd take her things to the county fair and enter them in the crochet categories. She won a bunch of ribbons for it, too. Go you. She tried to teach me to crochet and all I manage are weird triangular potholders that aren't good for much of anything and are so uneven. I just never got the knack. I think it's great you did and I'm in awe of your talent. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that she won! How awesome! In the beginning, my first few sets of coasters were not so hot. I held the yarn too tight, so they ended up being a lot smaller than they were supposed to be. I gave them to my daughter to use as carpets for her Barbies! lol

      Delete
  2. Yarn is such a cool thing to collect! I'd sure like to learn how to knit someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually easier than I thought! You should give it a try!

      Delete
  3. Knitting seems to be one of those all-or-nothing hobbies; everybody I know who gets into it gets really into it. Fun, though - and useful!

    My list is here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what amazes me the most about this hobby, I'm creating something useful out a ball of yarn. Weird. But fun!

      Delete
  4. The yarn made me laugh. I have several friends who knit and/or crochet and it's a constant thing with them.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems once a person gets into a certain craft, you tend to get obsessed with it! lol

      Delete
  5. Wow you are a crafter. Your creations are fantastic. My grandmother and mother knitted and crocheted too, but I never could settle long enough to learn. Now...maybe I'll grab a couple of how to books and see how it goes. Books, yep we share that collecting. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine. https://www.tenastetler.com/things-i-collect-lsr-wednesdayblogchallenge/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! It's a lot of fun!

      Delete
  6. Don't get me started on my wife's yarn. She does plastic canvas. Don't get her started on how many books I have. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/07/wc-071520.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I imagine your house looks a lot like mine! Yarn and books! :)

      Delete
  7. My sister-in-law is a crafter, so could probably match you on the yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't doubt it! I've met a lot of crafters and we all seem to have large stashes of yarn in our houses. lol

      Delete