Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Books That Influenced My Life - Long and Short Reviews Blogging Challenge



This week's topic: Books That Influenced My Life 



1304651


I enjoyed reading when I was a kid, but it wasn't until I read Sweet Valley Twins: #1 Best Friends that I became an avid reader. I devoured this series! My mom bought a bag full of these books for me to read one year for summer vacation. This series turned me into a voracious reader!

1215696


Romance of the Rose by Claire Delacroix was the first romance novel that I ever read. This book influenced my reading tastes. I fell in love with the romance genre, so much that eventually I started writing my own.


This may not be the best book on writing that I've ever read, but it was a great start. I found it tucked away in my mother's library, years after she passed away. I was already interested in writing, having written several short stories of my own, but reading this book sparked the desire to learn more about the craft of writing. The direction of my life changed because of this book. 

Be sure to check out the other blogger's suggestions at ...


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!



Fire and Ice...they are two of the most powerful elements known to man.

From the tiniest sparks to a blazing inferno, fire is an intense energy that can consume anything in its path.

Ice is it's unrelenting and frigid counterpart that can startle your senses and make you shiver. When put together, you'll find a force that is stronger than anything you'll ever encounter.

If you love the paranormal and can't get enough of romance, then this set is exactly what you need in your library.



You can Follow me on ...


5 comments:

  1. Handbook of Short Story Writing does sound interesting!

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the Sweet Valley books or the Romance of the Rose, but (as I've mentioned elsewhere) I came to the romance genre later in life. Still, I know the Sweet Valley series have been hugely popular and influential, so I'm not surprised to see them on a list like this. Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny the books that impact us, isn't it? Who'd think something like "Sweet Valley High" would, but it showed up in more than one post today! Thanks for playing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did like the Sweet Valley books, even if they were wildly unrealistic looking back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very very nice blog. ....

    Read my blog→ bit.ly/2KO9WuR

    ReplyDelete