Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Favorite Things About Autumn #LongandShortReviews #BlogChallenge

 


This week's topic: Favorite things to do in the autumn

I love when the trees start to turn colors and the air cools enough for me to turn off the air conditioners and open the windows to let the fresh breeze back into my house. With the heat of summer gone, I can go about my day in either long jeans or shorts depending on how I feel. 

Then we have the flavors of everything pumpkin. I drool at the thought of pumpkin muffins. Seriously, those should be around all year long. I know some people can get crazy with pumpkin flavors, but I do draw the line with some things. I tried pumpkin ice cream and that is just not my thing!

Hot apple cider is a must-have treat in my household. Years ago, I learned how to make it from some workers at a cafe near the bookstore where I worked. Since the cafe is closed now, I'm fortunate to be able to make this delicious drink for myself and my kids. 

Autumn = Halloween.

For me, that is. Anyone who knows me understands I have a passion for the otherworldly and supernatural. I've been obsessed with ghosts since growing up in my grandmother's haunted house. Tales of cryptids intrigue me. Stories of vampires, witches and werewolves thrill me. I considered quite seriously as a teenager of becoming a parapsychologist or ghost hunter, but I was afraid that wouldn't pay my mortgage when I grew up. Although, I still keep that open as an option for a hobby.

Haunted hayrides and corn mazes are fun things to do with the kids. I take my children to as many free festivals as I can find where they can pick their own pumpkins and paint them. We usually get at least two large pumpkins at home where we carve them into jack-o-lanterns.

Because of my ghostly passion, my kids and I have already visited every haunted site in the county where we live, but during the month of October, we re-visit some places. Last year, I took some of my teenager's friends with us on an excursion to a haunted road nearby where it's said a woman appears who is searching for her killer. We didn't see anything, but it was fun telling the kids ghost stories while driving along an eerie forest road. 

When I was a teenager, most television shows about the supernatural would air during October. I'm fortunate to live in a world where the supernatural is a hot topic for discussion. There are countless movies, documentaries and reality TV shows available to view all year long! But, in October, we always make more of an effort to watch the spooky specials and the ghost hunting shows. We have a lot of fun with it.


Be sure to check out the other blogger's suggestions at ...


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!


You can Follow me on ...


BookBub | Amazon | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest Instagram


Happy Reading!
~Tricia



AMAZON

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Halloween and supernatural stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been interested in the paranormal since DH claims he heard a voice at the local haunted prison. It looked like he heard something from his reaction on the video, but I don't know. I'm too chicken to find out for myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete