Thursday, January 17, 2019

Childhood Memories: A Walk Back in Time #MFRWAuthor


Blogging is an opportunity for authors to connect with readers. Despite being writers, blogging is an entirely different style of writing and often stumps us. To help our authors blog consistently, thoughtfully and with purpose, Marketing for Romance Writers is announcing the 2019 Blog Challenge. Each week, authors use our writing prompt to create a meaningful blog post. We'll be posting every Friday... join us as often as possible.

Week 2"Childhood Memories: A Walk Back in Time"


Before my mother died, I had a fantastic childhood. Being two years younger, my little brother was my best friend/worst enemy. When we weren't fighting, we were creating all sorts of imaginative things to do. Although I was born in the '70s, I was an '80s child. We enjoyed playing with toys before the internet, before cellphones, before tablets and limitless television watching.

My dad worked second shift in a factory and my mom spent her days attending college classes and her nights either reading, doing homework or talking to her mom on the phone or at her house. This left my brother and I with a lot of time with just each other to keep us occupied.

We only had 13 channels on TV to choose from so if it wasn't Saturday morning cartoons, then my brother and I were playing game boards, toys, bike riding or creating our own fun. We played tag and hide-and-seek. We rode bikes at our grandmother's house. We chased each other around with squirt guns.

A lot of time we played pretend. We pretended we were Radio DJ's, we were soldiers, we were sword-fighters, we were theater actors, we were newspaper reporters, we were adventurers searching for gold, we were fishermen being attacked by sharks (the shark was often played by my dog, Reva), we were also astronauts exploring new worlds. We tore my mother's sofa apart and used the cushions and blankets to make tents/cabins where we were attacked by Big Foot, werewolves, aliens or whatever monster seemed the most ferocious.

Our imaginations took us everywhere in the world and beyond, all from the comfort of our little 3 bedroom house in Southern Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania. 


Be sure to visit the posts for the MFRW's Blog Challenge!


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!
You can Follow me on ...


Happy Writing!
~Tricia

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good blogging challenge. This could've helped me to get back into blogging more often.

    ReplyDelete