Monday, March 8, 2021

Flesh by Kylie Scott #BookReview #Post-Apocalyptic #steamyromance #zombies


Flesh by Kylie Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb:
Ali has been hiding in an attic since civilization collapsed eight weeks ago.

When the plague hit, her neighbors turned into mindless, hungry, homicidal maniacs.

Daniel has been a loner his entire life. Then the world empties and he realizes that being alone isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

Finn is a former cop who is desperate for companionship, and willing to do anything it takes to protect the survivors around him.

When the three cross paths they band together; sparks fly, romance blooms in the wasteland and Ali, Daniel and Finn bend to their very human needs in the ruins of civilization.

Lust, love and trust all come under fire in Flesh as the three battle to survive, hunted through the suburban wastelands.

My Review:
I'm constantly on the lookout for books that are addicting. Page-turning. Unputdownable. Books that keep me up at night. That make me question my own reality since my imagination is lost within the world of the author's creation. These kinds of books make me yearn to cancel all my appointments and responsibilities and simply read the day away.

Flesh by Kylie Scott is that kind of story. It was compelling. Well-written. The characters came alive. There was so much emotion and I loved how well the dialogue was written. There were moments of humor as well as despair. I had to keep turning the pages to find out what happened next. As soon as I finished it, I wanted to go back and start reading it over again. In fact, I did go back and re-read passages. I just couldn't help myself. I didn't want to say good-bye to the characters. Not, yet. It was too soon. Well, it didn't help that I read the book in less than 2 days. I would have read it in one, but I have four kids to feed and care for. If I didn't, you can be sure I would have done nothing but read all day. It was really that good.

I connected immediately with Ali. This would have been me in an apocalypse. Caring for my neighbors until all went to hell and then hiding in the attic. Oh, yeah. I would have hid, no doubt about it. I can only hope that I'd find someone like Daniel in a time like that.

Daniel was ecstatic to find another person in a world filled with zombies. It didn't matter that she was pointing a gun at him. He was just so happy to find out that he wasn't alone.

After that, the story consisted of Daniel's pursuit of Ali. His one goal was to keep her safe, no matter what. And to get in her pants. Well, they were the only two left for all he knew. It didn't take long for Ali to be persuaded by Daniel's seduction. I don't think I could have resisted either. Daniel might have been persistent and a tad bit overbearing, but he was adorably in love. Protective, passionate and considerate.

Even when Finn came along, Daniel's thoughts were on Ali. How to keep her safe. Adding Finn to the mix would benefit her.

Finn was so different from Daniel, and although it was a bit rocky at times, it was so sweet how accepting they all were of each other. I loved the dialogue between these three. The things they were willing to do for each other. To keep everyone alive. To find love. Happiness.

The love scenes in this book were incredibly tender. I don't think I've read many other books that had this level of intimacy and raw emotion. It was beautifully written.

Finding love during an apocalypse is a feat, for sure. But finding two hot guys willing to sacrifice themselves to keep the woman they love safe... Well, that is a very sexy romance indeed.

Recommended for readers of post-apocalyptic romances, erotic romances, reverse harem romances, steamy sweet romances, and fans of The Walking Dead who want more love, romance and hope in their zombie-filled post-apocalyptic world.

This book includes harsh language and graphic scenes. Which is frankly one of the reasons I wanted to read it.

Also, a side note, for whatever reason, if this book was made into a movie, I could see Karl Urban playing Daniel. I don't know exactly how this popped into my head while I was reading, but there it is.


AMAZON


Also Available on Kindle Unlimited

No comments:

Post a Comment