Sunday, March 31, 2019

Confronting the Wolf #8Sunday #WeWriWa #PNR


The Weekend Writing Warriors hosts a group of writers who share excerpts of their published works or works-in-progress every Sunday for reader's enjoyment. Please, be sure to check out the other writers in this group. You might find your next great read!

I'm joining again for some Weekend Writing Warrior fun! This week's snippet comes from an upcoming new release called, The Wolf's Bride. This is a paranormal romance set in Regency England. In this scene, the heroine has broken into the hero's rooms and has a pistol pointed at him while he's reclining in a bathtub. A very vulnerable moment!

Excerpt:

"I have it on good authority that a woman was killed here last night and you are the man responsible." 

His head lifted.

"How did she die?"

"She was torn to pieces. They say she was ravaged by a wild animal."

He turned his head to the side as if to see her better, but she stood directly behind him. Madeline suspected he might see her silhouette, but he couldn't view her completely. Even if he could, he'd have difficulty identifying her with the hood of her cloak pulled low over her face.

"Why would you think I am responsible if they're saying it was an animal attack?"

"Because I know what you are."

If you'd like to read more of The Wolf's Bride as well as more than a dozen other werewolf stories, you can pre-order Guardian, A Limited Edition Collection of Wolf Shifters.




                                                             Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Kobo | iBooks


Check out these other Weekend Writing Warriors!



I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!


Happy Reading!

Tricia 

5 comments:

  1. Ooo I do wanna know more! And that cover is badass! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me wondering where they are and what their situation is. Why is she confronting him?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your answer above. Of course, it's complicated. lol But I want to know, too. A good snippet makes me want to read more. Yours does.

    ReplyDelete