Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Favorite Quotes #LongandShortRomance #BlogChallenge




This week's topic: Favorite Book or Movie Quotes (and why)


I just had to add this. It's too funny!

There are many book and movie quotes that I enjoy. I've been known to throw quotes into my conversations with people. Some fit so easily. Unfortunately, only a few of my close friends understand me. It's nice though when I find someone who understands my quote without my explaining it.

When my brother and I were younger, we used to play a game where we would have a whole conversation using only movie quotes. It was silly fun!


"I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

"To lose one parent, Mr. Worthing, may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness."
- Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
- Marcus Tullius Cicero

"When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
- Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

"Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again."
- Daphne du Maurier, Rebecca

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
- Walt Disney

"I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow."
- Margaret Mitchell, Gone with the Wind


Supernatural

"A wise man once told me, 'family don't end in blood.'"
- Dean Winchester, Supernatural (Inside Men, Season 10)

"My 'people skills' are 'rusty.'"
- Castiel, Supernatural

"I gripped you tight and raised you from perdition."
- Castiel, Supernatural (Lazarus Rising, Season 4)

"Hello, boys."
- Crowley, Supernatural

"Megatron? What are you saying, a Transformer wrote that?"
- Sam Winchester, Supernatural



bobby singer boo hoo

crowley torture supernatural





doctor who quotes

"You want weapons? We're in a library. Books are the best weapon in the world. This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself!"
- The Doctor (10), Doctor Who (from Tooth and Claw in Season 2)

"We're all stories, in the end."
- The Doctor (11), Doctor Who

"Bow ties are cool."
- The Doctor (11), Doctor Who

"I am and always will be the optimist. The hope of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
- The Doctor (11), Doctor Who

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wime-y... stuff."
- The Doctor (10), Doctor Who







This one makes me cry. Every. Time!


Be sure to check out the other blogger's suggestions at ...


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!



You can Follow me on ...


BookBub | Amazon | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest Instagram


Happy Reading!
~Tricia



AMAZON

6 comments:

  1. Love those quotes! But, now I feel old because all my Doctor Who references are from the Third and Fourth Doctors, which is making me think of Red Dwarf, Blackadder, and the Young Ones. ("There's no way you can hammer in the last nail.") My list is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A wise man once told me, 'family don't end in blood.'" is such a great (and true!) quote.

    My <a href="https://lydiaschoch.com/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge-favourite-movie-quotes-and-why/”>post</a>.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Stan Lee quote :) And the Rebecca one - looking forward to the new film too, hope they do it justice!
    (My list:https://whenitdoes.blogspot.com/2020/08/wednesday-weekly-blogging-challenge.html)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I just say how grateful I am that Stan Lee DID do comics?

    And Doctor Who and Supernatural are so incredibly quotable...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic quotes and such a wide range. https://pmprescott.blogspot.com/2020/08/wc-081920.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on Rebecca. I love that book.

    ReplyDelete