Thursday, August 6, 2020

Favorite Romance Tropes #BookLovers #LongandShortReviews #BlogChallenge


This week's topic: My Favorite Tropes of the Romance Genre



My favorite subgenres for Romance are Paranormal and Historical, but these tropes can be applied to any subgenre in my opinion. I have too many favorites to list here, but I'll pick some of my top faves along with the best recommendations I have for these types of reads.

  • Amnesia - The H/H doesn't remember how s/he got where s/he is because of a blow to the head, a medical condition such drugs or some other creative reason. Now, s/he has to function in their life, learning about the person they are/were, sometimes there is a mystery involved (to spice things up!)
693043     738780     1489428


  • Friends to Lovers - Falling in love with Best Friend/Best Friend's Brother/Brother's Best Friend - My favorite is when the heroine is the younger sister of the hero's best friend, but there are other combinations that are fun to read, too! The best friend is taboo, but love disrupts the balance of friendship and if they declare their love, then there's no going back to the way things were between them.
Romancing Mister Bridgerton With 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons Book 4) by [Julia Quinn]     When He Was Wicked With 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons Book 6) by [Julia Quinn]Emma by Annette Barnes


  • Employee/Employer - Falling in love with the Boss Romance - The H/H are put in close working conditions (office, manor house, etc.) where their attraction for each other grows.
10210. sy475     360259     11432010


  • Alien Abduction - The H/H is an alien from another planet and abducts the H/H. This abduction might be planned or accidental. The purposes of the abduction are for repopulating an alien planet, experimentation, servants/sex slaves, fulfilling alien prophecies, mail-order alien brides, etc. 
206857     Accidental Abduction (Alien Abduction Book 1) by [Eve Langlais]     53998636. sy475



Be sure to check out the other blogger's suggestions at ...


I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!

You can Follow me on ...


BookBub | Amazon | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Pinterest Instagram


Happy Reading!
~Tricia



AMAZON


2 comments:

  1. I do like alien abductions in fiction, I agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if my previous comment on this post was lost, but I wanted to say that I love the friends to lovers trope. That's actually how I met my spouse. :)

    ReplyDelete