Friday, January 11, 2019

New Year, New Goals 2019 #AuthorUpdate #NewYearResolutions


Usually I blog about my New Year's Resolutions within the first week of the New Year, but I needed to take some time to evaluate my goals. I looked over my many accomplishments for 2017. You can see that post here. This year I have a lot more planned. I'm more ambitious than ever and I hope to make 2019 a successful year!

I haven't announced this yet, but I've recently signed a contract for two new romance novels to be released in a boxed set collection. I've had stories published in anthologies, but these will be my first boxed sets, so I'm eager to see how different these projects are from each other. I'm very excited to be a part of this! 

I've mentioned before that I want to dip my toes into self-publishing. Well, this is the year I'm taking the plunge. I've been writing like crazy this last year and I've collected several stories that I want start releasing. I'm gathering a list of beta readers. If you're interested in reading unpolished stories with a critical eye, you can shoot me an e-mail to request being part of my list. All of my stories are romance, but I write in several subgenres. To date, the stories are paranormal, historical, gothic, sci-fi, contemporary, fantasy and apocalyptic. If you're interested in a specific subgenre, also mention that in your email. 

Okay, so moving on to my goals.

This year, I plan to...


  • Publish these nearly finished books 
    • Regency Paranormal Romance about a werewolf - included in the Boxed Set
    • Paranormal Romance - TBA - included in the Boxed Set
    • Paranormal Romance with Witches and Zombies
    • Paranormal Romance with Cougar Shapeshifters
    • Victorian Paranormal Romance with a Ghost
    • Fantasy Romance set in Middle Ages
    • Contemporary Holiday Romance
    • Historical Romance with Pirates (possibly - this one needs more work than the others)
  • Write 2 - 3 new novels
    • Sci-fi Romance with an Alien
    • Paranormal Romance with Witches and Zombies (Book 2)
    • TBA - I want to leave this open for that moment when inspiration hits
  • Blog more regularly
    • Last year I participated in the Insecure Writer's Support Group (#IWSG) and Marketing For Romance Writers (#MFRWAuthors). While these two groups and their monthly/weekly posts kept me somewhat consistent with blogging, I want to add more content for my readers. This year I want to continue those posts and re-introduce guest bloggers and author/book spotlights. These posts were always popular in the past. I also plan to write more content about my books, writing, research and personal life/interests. Also, more #BookReviews. Readers love those posts and I love reading more books!
  • Learn more about Marketing
    • Read more Marketing books
    • Attend Workshops and Conferences
    • Research Marketing websites
  • Network with Authors and Readers
    • Guest Blogging/Author Spotlights/Book Spotlights
    • Join Blog Hops and other events
    • More Giveaways! Readers are important to me and I want them to know it!
  • And most importantly...

This seems like an ambitious list and I hope I can achieve all or most of it. I'm pretty flexible, so I'm constantly rearranging my plans and schedules. That's mostly because I have 4 kids who keep me busy. 

What are your goals for 2019? I'd love to hear about them! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
~Tricia S.

No comments:

Post a Comment