Wednesday, January 4, 2023

What's Your Word of the Year? #IWSG #NewYear #Goals #Resolutions



The first Wednesday of every month is officially 

The Purpose: To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It's a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!

IWSG Asks: Do you have a word of the year? Ist there one word that sums up what you need to work on or change in the coming year?


As always, I have a lot I want to accomplish this year. I've written about my goals in a previous post. I have several series I want to write. Books that have been sitting on the back burner for quite some time that I want to give my attention to.

I've given this some thought. I even read a few blog posts about choosing a word for the year, because I've never done such a thing before.

I think my word for 2023 is CREATION.

It seems appropriate seeing that I want to create several new series. For two of them, I even have the book covers ready to go. All I need are the stories themselves. Which means I need to write them.

And the word CREATION feels fun! It invokes new ideas, exciting things! That's just such a word that I need for this year.

I've struggled with a lot of personal and family issues in the past, but I'm ready to move on. I want to create, not only new series and new books, but a new and better life for myself and my kids. I'm discovering what makes me happy! And creating is definitely on that list!


Be sure to visit the other writers in the 


I write sensual paranormal, sci-fi and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Become a VIP Reader by signing up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!


You can Follow me on ...




Looking for a little escape? Check out these stories!



8 comments:

  1. Creation is a lovely word, and creating is a great goal. I see you being a strong, happy creative being this year. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a brilliant word for the year. Creation is the best part of this business, and the most important - there's no stories without it. Enjoy the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creation is a great word for the year. Good luck with all of the stories you want to create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Designing covers is so much fun! Do you do things like mood boards and stuff as well? I always feel like I procrastinate so much stuff with those things. Good luck with your creative endeavors this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creation is a good word for the new year. It implies new beginnings, and after the last few years, new beginnings are in high demand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creation is a good word for a writer! It's what it's all about. Good luck with the new stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does sound like a fun word, one you'd shout from the mountaintop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creation is a very fun word and I'm excited to see all you create in 2023! Hope it's amazing!

    Heidiangell.com

    ReplyDelete