Monday, January 2, 2023

Happy New Year 2023! #AuthorUpdate #WriterGoals #Resolutions

 



Happy New Year!

Another year is over, and a new one has begun!

Do you have any goals or resolutions?

I always make lists throughout the year with projects I want to work on and complete. While I've learned over the years not to overwhelm myself, I still give myself lofty goals hoping to inspire me.

This year, I want to keep it simple.

I want to have fun.

Somehow, during these last few years, I've pushed myself so hard that I started to not get excited about my writing time. Writing was becoming work. And that mindset wasn't helping me get my word count goals. I was becoming too concerned about what others wanted from my writing that I lost focus on what I wanted.

I started writing because I had stories to tell. Somewhere along the way, I became too concerned about the process of writing and the marketing that followed.

I realized recently, that writing wasn't feeling fun anymore. It was becoming a chore.

And like my kids, I'm not a fan of chores.

So, this year, I want to bring more fun into my writing. I want to enjoy losing myself in the worlds I create, going on adventures with these characters, and falling in love with the heroes and heroines of my stories.

My goal this year is to feel joy with creation!

If it's not bringing me joy, then skip! I don't need it.

I'm not going to compile a list of books that I'm going to write this year. I'm going to take it one project at a time and see how it goes. From a business viewpoint, that's probably not ideal, but I want to have fun.

Hopefully, my readers will enjoy this journey as much as I do!

So, instead, I'm adding a list of books I completed in 2022! It's not as impressive as some previous years. I didn't get as much writing done as I'd hoped. But, I'm still pleased with my accomplishments!



Some of the boxed sets were limited-time collections and are no longer available.

Here are the links for the books still available at this time...





No comments:

Post a Comment