Sunday, January 28, 2018

A Lover from her Past #WeWriWa #8Sunday #excerpt


The Weekend Writing Warriors hosts a group of writers who share excerpts of their published works or works-in-progress every Sunday for reader's enjoyment. Please, be sure to check out the other writers in this group. You might find your next great read!

In my last #WeWrWa excerpt, I introduced readers to Arianne. You can read that here. This week, we continue with that scene where Arianne identifies the mysterious voice that intrudes on her solitude.

Excerpt:

“What makes you think to find it here?”

Now she heard it, what she should have been on guard for earlier; the crunch of sand under boot. He
walked with slow, measured steps. She refused to leap to her feet to face him. He had caught her unawares.

She’d not let it happen again.

“Because, Love, you are here.”

She inhaled sharply and held her breath for several long seconds.

Marco.

If you'd like to read more:



Captain Marco Dante was captured and sentenced to hang two years ago, but he escaped before his punishment was carried out. Now he's come back to the woman whose memory kept him alive those long months in prison. Arianne had been his grand passion, but he failed to see how much she meant to him until it was too late. Can he recapture her heart? Or has he lost her forever?

Ariann never imagined she'd see her notorious pirate lover again. Though her heart sings with joy at his return, she knows he hasn't come back for her but for the treasure he left behind. She agrees to help him find it, but can her heart withstand one more adventure with him?




Check out these other Weekend Writing Warriors!



I write sensual paranormal and historical romances. Interested in learning more about my stories? Sign-up for my newsletter where you'll learn about my new book releases, updates on my works-in-progress, writing tips, book reviews, contests, and other fun book-related info!
Happy Reading!
Tricia

9 comments:

  1. Ha! More like Captain rat! I hope she's careful and doesn't get hurt. Great snippet Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying the build up here...excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a bad turn...

    I liked Naomi's comment, btw. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful scene. I could totally visualize her response from those few sentences.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If she thinks he's dead, his sudden appearance must be quite a shock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I love a good pirate story - this really has me hooked and I loved this snippet, and the tension between these two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scene, Tricia! I wonder what happens next.

    ReplyDelete