Monday, January 3, 2022

Happy New Year 2022! #goals #NewYearsResolutions #writinggoals

 


2022! Can you believe it!?

I'm still blinking my eyes that 2021 is gone already. Where did that year go!?

Now, that the new year has arrived, it's time for me to think yet again about my goals and resolutions. Of which, I have many. Let's face it, I'm an overachiever, but also a procrastinator. Yeah. Not an ideal combination! Somehow I manage to squeak by, so here's hoping I manage it for 2022, too!

I've learned in the last few years that I don't like to make announcements of the books I'm writing until I'm actually finished writing them. I've had more than enough trouble with some books. I start them, and then something happens that it's not working, or life gets in the way, or insert-problem-here, and the book is delayed. Sometimes weeks, sometimes months. That's why I don't like to set up preorders unless the book is finished, edited and has a cover. Otherwise, there are just no guarantees!

This also goes with boxed sets! I've recently had a few multi-author boxed sets fall apart because the coordinator(s) had something (again insert-problem-here moment) happen, and the sets just fell apart. And I understand! Life happens! But, I don't want to tell my readers about a project and get their hopes up unless I see that preorder up and ready to go!

That being said, I'm participating in plenty more boxed sets this year (as long as we're all good to go!), as well as quite a few of my own projects.

The first few months of the year are already filled up! Alpha Shifters Furever will be releasing February
1, 2022, followed by Shifting Hearts on February 28, 2022. There's also a paranormal romance freebie in the works, but I don't have a release date for that one, yet. 
 



After that, I have a schedule filled with more sets, but some of the release dates are uncertain. I'll announce them when I have a firm date. Altogether, (if things go well), I'm looking at possibly ten multi-author boxed set collections this year. I believe nearly all of them are paranormal romance or sci-fi romance with maybe a few historical paranormal romances thrown here or there.

Readers have been asking for the Cougar Shifters!

What happened? Why is there only one book? Does Cody get a story?

That series has caused me enough trouble that I'm using it as a great learning experience. I wrote the books out of order! Not intentionally, but when I realized it, I knew I couldn't release them until I had them in the proper order. Which meant a major delay. My many apologies! Now, I have them sorted. I have two more to go in the series, but I'm waiting for my cover designer to create her fantastic covers (I love her work!), and then I'll get them set up for preorder ASAP.

I'm also challenging myself with a rather new writing venture. I started writing for Kindle Vella late last year. I began releasing my dystopian paranormal romance, Into the Dark, in late November. There are currently 10 episodes available to read (the first 3 are FREE!), with more to come!

I hope you'll join me on this adventure! And if you do, please like the episodes and follow. It's the only way I'll know if you're enjoying it and want more!



Okay, well, that was a lot! And there will be more to come this year, maybe even an unexpected story or two. Who knows!? I never know where the muse will take me! :)

Thank you for reading! As always, I'm ever so grateful for your continued support!

Happy New Year!

Much love,
Tricia

No comments:

Post a Comment